Quite possible the greatest tweet ever written.
can straight girls please stop shitting their pants over being mistaken for lesbians or being called lesbians as an insult?
when someone tries to insult you by calling you a lesbian, they’re a homophobe. if you actually find it insulting to be called a lesbian, you’re a homophobe too. this is not a difficult concept to grasp.
- it is hurting someone
- your child, specifically, who should not be hurt by you of all people
- it doesnt work in the long term
- it develops trust issues
- it is reliant on fear, and teaches them to be afraid instead of actually learning what they did and how to self-discipline (i.e., “mommy spanked me when i tried crossing the road by myself, so i shouldn’t do it in front of her so i don’t get spanked” instead of “mommy told me i could get hurt if i cross the road by myself, so i won’t do it”)
- it asserts the ideology of stronger = right, and that because someone hurts you they are correct
- it shows that violence solves issues, which causes your child not only to normalize violence, but to partake in it
- it disregards bodily autonomy (as in people not touching you without your consent)
- it hurts their self-esteem, as well as affects their mental health, and their intelligence
- it becomes a gateway to harsher abuse due to desensitization
- it creates detachment of the parent/child bond
- it normalizes degrading and harmful behavior on the parent’s end
- it continues on the cycle of abuse
- it’s just overall shitty don’t hit someone, especially not someone who is smaller than you, defenseless, and VERY easily affected by it ok just don’t
Most importantly, consent workshops will shift responsibility from the victim to the perpetrator. They will teach men not to rape, rather than tell women not to wear short skirts or drink. Avoiding, rejecting and stigmatising victim-blaming is crucial for change.
straight people on tv show: *literally have sex*
gay people on tv show: *exist*
ok.. :\ but… ok like im not homophobic… :\ im ok with gay people but why do you have to shove it in my face… :\
I, for one, can’t wait for the destruction of traditional family values
Photos and final product for Mq. & Mrs.’s amazing lgbtq coloring book for kids.
Model : Alicia Michele
This is so rad!
the difference between sam pepper and shane dawson
- posted this ^^^ video giving a sincere apology
- hes deleted his videos of him doing blackface
- hes admitted he was being ignorant and that he should not have done his blackface videos
- hes admitted hes in the wrong
- hes done his research on the history of blackface (he did not previously know the history of blackface) and has agreed its fucked up
- hes explained the reasoning why he did blackface, and why it was not meant to be malicious and he just didn’t know anything about the subject matter, but agrees it is wrong and he shouldn’t have done it
- hes read posts/tweets of people calling him out and is using them to inform himself of what he is doing wrong so he can learn from his mistakes
- HE HAS ADMITTED HES MADE MISTAKES AND IS MAKING CHANGES TO LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES
- hes apologized to specific twitter users that he knows have been offended by his videos
- hes stated all the people calling him ‘racist’ he deserves because of his blackface videos, even though he defends the fact he’s not racist and he genuinely sorry
sam pepper has:
- threatened people that called him out on his bullshit
- been a complete asshole
- defended his actions
- has not apologized
aka: sam pepper is an ass but shane dawson is doing his best and is trying to become a better person and move away from the bad shit he’s done in the past, including blackface
dont support sam pepper but don’t drag shane down too bc for real hes honestly trying his hardest to learn from his mistakes and become a better person and move away from the offencive shit hes done bc he knows its fucked up and wrong
lipstick lesbian? no, i’m a burt’s bees bisexual